Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I have death flu and my computer blew up. Those are the two things of note after I just posted on my blog that I'd like to turn inward. God decided to give me a little down time. The only problem is, I can't take it now!! I have to read my poetry tonight at Black Oak!! Then teach!! And teacg some more!!! Then get on a plane to Detroit.

Sorry, says God. You've been running sround like an idiot for the last three months. Lie down. So I lay down.

I've been flat on my back for the better part of two days, reading March by Geraldine Brooks, a fantastic book, about Bronson Alcott and the Civil War, one of the best things I've read, and dozing off and SWEATING. I awoke in the middle of the night last night soaked in sweat, worse than that Bikram yoga class. Sore throat, aches, pains, scratchy voice, waves of fever...nice...

It might not be helping to be reading about the unbelievable sufferings of the Civil War just now. The hero, the father in Little Women, gets very sick and almost dies, although in conditions considerably less cushy than my own, and without C coming over with packs of kleenex and chicken soup and The National Enquirer.

Meanwhile Jasch sent a big box og awesome organic food--thank you!! and a DVD for this Big Mind process he's excited about and which I will watch as soon as I can wrench my consciousness away from escaping slaves and stops along the Undergroud Railroad and dinner with the Thoreaus and the Ralph Waldo Emersons.

My friend Carla has offered to be my workaholic coach this week and just remind me to surrender--I surrender, I surrender--I was already trying to cut back...but I feel just about as bad walking around as I do lying around, Camille-like on the couch, with my arm over my forehead, sweating out this fever, so in some ways I think I might as well walk around...

Okay, enough emailing at the local Laurel Cafe. Back to bed for another nap/sweat before the reading tonight--hope you can come!!!

No comments: